Samsung has finally confirmed the launch of the Galaxy M40 in India. The smartphone will debut in the country on June 11 as the fourth in the Galaxy M series. The company has already launched the Galaxy M10, Galaxy M20 and Galaxy M30 which are priced between Rs 5,000 and Rs 15,000. , the Galaxy M40 is expected to be somewhere between Rs 15,000 and Rs 20,000 in India.
Ahead of the Galaxy M40’s launch in India, the company started teasing the device on social media platforms. Even Amazon India has posted some teaser images of the Galaxy M40 on its ecommerce site, which gives us a pretty good idea of ââthe design. Here’s a look at what we know so far about the Samsung Galaxy M40.
– Starting with the design, the teasers confirm that the Galaxy M40 will feature a perforated Infinity-O display. Samsung has used the Infinity-O display on phones like the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy A60. Phones with perforated screens are still too few in number, especially in the affordable segment. In fact, the Galaxy M40 will probably be the most affordable phone with a display hole.
– Although the perforation design is confirmed, Samsung has yet to reveal details of the display. Based on what past rumors tell us, we expect a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display with FHD + resolution.
– On the back, the Galaxy M40 appears to resemble the Galaxy M30 in that it will sport a tri-camera setup on the top left and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The Galaxy M40 should have a curved glasstic panel like its predecessors. The teasers we’ve seen show the device in a blue color finish, but we expect the company to announce more color options.
– The Galaxy M40 will be powered by a Snapdragon 600 series processor, which would make it the first Galaxy M series device to sport a Qualcomm chipset. As a reminder, the Galaxy M10 is powered by an Exynos 7870 chipset, while the Galaxy M20 and Galaxy M30 run on an Exynos 7904 processor.
– Based on previous reports, it seems more than likely that Samsung will launch the Galaxy M40 with a Snapdragon 675 processor. Additionally, the phone could be offered with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
– There is little to no information on the sensors that Samsung uses for the Galaxy M40. We know there will be a triple camera setup on the back. There are rumors that Samsung will use a 48MP main sensor, which could be Samsung’s own GM1 sensor. The other two cameras in the setup could include an ultra wide angle lens and a telephoto lens.
– Considering the price, the Galaxy M40 will fit on top of the Galaxy M30, so it will be logical to assume that the phone will cost over Rs 15,000. Given the specs we know so far and the As Samsung has competitively priced its Galaxy M phones, we would expect the phone to cost around Rs 20,000. This was also suggested by Asim Warsi, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India in a conversation with Gadgets 360.
– Based on what we know so far, the Galaxy M40 definitely looks like a nice addition to the increasingly popular Galaxy M lineup. The biggest USP will be the perforated screen, which would give the Galaxy M40 a unique advantage in its segment. The Qualcomm chipset paired with One UI should also promise solid performance.
– Samsung will likely unveil other key features of the Galaxy M40 as its June 11 launch date approaches. The company will unveil the phone at 6 p.m. on June 11, when we will know the Galaxy M40 price in India and availability details.