In the age of social media and photo sharing, stylistic individuality is a must. But even with incredible cameras built into most smartphones, pointing and snapping can only get you so far.
Done right, filters, effects, borders, and stickers can turn an average photograph into a spectacular work of art. For beginners, a simple online photo editor like Pixlr might do the trick. Tap or click here for more details on this free platform.
However, if you want to improve your photos, you’ll want to check out this new AI-powered app. The app is so smart that it can do most of the work for you.
Creating perfect photos has never been easier
We’ve seen a lot of progress in the world of photography lately, and not just better smartphone cameras either. Apps can do all kinds of cool stuff these days.
For example, the Bye Bye Camera app automatically removes photobombers and background people from your photos. Just take your photo and use the app to remove all unnecessary subjects. Tap or click here to learn how to use Bye Bye Camera.
Now a new app is finally here that will take your photos to new heights. It’s the Adobe Photoshop Camera app and has been in the works for quite a while. The app is now available for Apple and Android devices.
What makes this app special is that it uses artificial intelligence (AI) to make changes for you. The app understands which lenses and effects are best for turning your photos into works of art, even before you take the shot.
Here is a quick demo video of what Adobe Photoshop Camera can do:
What to expect with Photoshop Camera
How would you like to have Photoshop right in your phone’s camera? With the Photoshop Camera app, it does.
You can cycle through tons of lenses and effects that can be applied before or after shooting. If you use one in a photo and don’t like the way it looks, no worries. You can easily swap them out so you can change your mind as many times as you want.
Related: 5 Clever Ways to Use Your Phone’s Camera Like a DSLR
The app also allows for quick fixes such as relighting portraits and removing distortions. So if you are taking a photo at night and think it would look better during the day, just use the app and it will adjust the settings to make it look like it was taken early in the morning with shadows and lighting perfect.
In its blog, Adobe explained, “With Photoshop Camera, you can capture, edit, and share stunning photos and moments – both natural and creative – using real-time Photoshop-quality magic right from the viewfinder, you leaving you free to focus on storytelling with powerful tools and effects.
Even celebrities and influencers are getting into the game. Adobe works with some of your favorite artists to create Photoshop lenses and camera effects to make your social media posts stand out. The best part is that it’s going to be free. Adobe is using the app to bring its Sensei AI services to consumer products, which it hopes will draw more users into its core ecosystem.
Features to get excited about:
- Have fun with filters: Apply Photoshop filters and effects with just one click. With over 80 custom filters, it’s easy to swap them out and save your favorites to use again and again. Filter library includes – Portrait, Studio Light, Bloom, Pop Art, Spectrum, Desync, Food, Scenery, Natural Skies, Analog, Night Shift, Comic Skies, Interstellar, Dreamcatcher, Celestial, Supersize, Double Expo, Prism, Color Echo , Mixed Media, Blue Skies, Artful, and more.
- Real-time Photoshop effects: Take a better photo with the magic of Photoshop and AI-powered editing.
- Auto Tone: Photoshop camera is “real life” without extreme differences between light and shadow areas.
- Content-Aware Recommendations: Choose your photo and Photoshop Camera takes care of the rest. It knows what effects to apply for the best result, so there’s no hassle when it comes to the right lighting and focus.
- Portrait controls (face distance, face light, face relight): Photoshop Camera’s Face Light feature optimizes lighting, eliminating the appearance of any sharp shadows. For group selfies, Photoshop Camera recognizes each subject’s position so there’s no distortion.
- Influencer inspired glasses: See yourself through the eyes of your favorite designers using their custom-designed lenses. New goals and effects are added all the time, so there’s always something to discover.
- Designed for social networks: Easily capture and share high quality photos on your favorite social network. Use #photoshopcamera when posting and it might be featured on Photoshop social sites.
Photoshop Camera officially rolled out this week so you can now take professional-looking photos easier than ever. Even better, it’s free! Tap or click here to get it for iOS. Tap or click here to get the app for Android.