Last year’s Poco X3 NFC came as a nice surprise for those looking for a full-featured smartphone on a budget. It wasn’t necessarily the prettiest phone in the class, but Poco ticked all the right boxes, providing just the right hardware to make the phone one of our favorite budget smartphones of 2020.
To build on this success, Poco unveiled the X3 Pro with an upgraded Snapdragon 860 SoC from Qualcomm which is expected to offer significant performance improvements and new sensors for the main and ultra-wide cameras on the back of the phone. The base model with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage arrives at 249 €, which makes it a good deal compared to many other budget smartphones.
As the leaked images suggest, the Poco X3 Pro looks identical to the Poco X3 NFC, sharing the exact same screen, battery, and all external design features down to the bottom speakers, mic hole, and mic placement. the 3.5mm headphone jack. The case that comes with the Poco X3 Pro fits the X3 NFC like a glove, which is a bit of a surprise since the Qualcomm and MediaTek variants of the LG Velvet have slightly different exterior designs despite being technically the same phone.
The performance of the Snapdragon 860 has been quite impressive considering the price of this phone. For reference, the SD860 sits between last year’s SD855 + and SD865. Battery life will likely take a hit compared to the Poco X3 NFC, as the SD732 used inside this phone is much more efficient, but the 5,160mAh battery should still hold up well with this upgraded chipset.
We’ve only been using the Poco X3 Pro for 2 days now, but thought about sharing our smartphone unboxing and our first camera test as well.
Poco X3 Pro specification
- Display: 6.67 inch FHD + LCD dot screen
- Refresh rate: 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sample rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB or 256 GB
- Front camera: 20MP, f / 2.2 aperture
- Rear cameras: 48MP (main), 8MP (ultra wide), 2MP (macro), 2MP (depth sensor)
- Battery: 5 160 mAh
- Charging: 33W fast charge via USB-C
- Security: Side Fingerprint Scanner, AI Face Unlock
- Supplements: 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, IR Blaster, two speakers
- Software: MIUI 12 for POCO, based on Android 11
- Colors: Ghost Black, Frost Blue, Metallic Bronze